I absolutley love Pugly, love love! it’s so raw and real. i find myself going “my God that’s so me”, “Spot on!” “so true!” when reading the posts on Pugly.
Below, is one of Pugly’s post, she’s that good,that she can come up with what I believe is a should-be-adhered to list of dos and donts for you men ;p This was extracted from a post in Dec o2 2007, titled
“Wooing Women without the Woes 101”
Hands up if you haven’t been too lucky in love all these while.
Two hands up if you are one of those who have often wondered “How do you impress a woman?” – thinking that it is an impossible feat not unlike the logic-defying acts that David Blaine tends to put himself through in the name of entertainment.
Do I see many with both their hands up? Good. At least you’re man enough to surrender and admit defeat. Chucking your massive ego aside is the first step on the road to becoming a better man.
Fret not and wonder no more, because here, especially for all clueless blokes out there, is a concise yet comprehensive guide to impressing the ladies – and it doesn’t even involve a fat wallet, a fast car, a six-pack or a huge dong.
Don’t worry, all is not lost. There’s still hope yet for those who are willing to learn. It’s not about what you have, it’s about how you use it to your (and her) advantage.
15 Ways to a Woman’s Heart
- Be the perfect gentleman. Always put her person and her needs before yours. This is not the time to be selfish. Open doors for her, ask her how her day was, give her a leg rub when she’s having a bad day, carry her stuff for her, walk protectively behind her in crowded spaces and let her have the Big O first. Never, ever, ask her to come all the way to a specified location on her own, in the middle of the night, just because it is convenient for you. Agree to meet halfway at a location which is convenient to the both of you, or even better, pick her up from her home and send her back afterwards. A woman can never be too careful these days, and such gallant act shows that you care greatly about her and her safety. The first rule you have to remember is when it comes to wooing the woman, the old-fashioned way is still the best, no matter how modern we’ve become and how independent ladies get.(JustNadia: and if she’s driving back from a date with you on her own, make sure you call/text her to check whether she arrived home safely, it’s what a gentleman would do, definitely.)
- Never stare at her breasts (or other women’s for that matter). Keep your eyes trained on hers at all times, even if they’re just itching to move down south. Yes, we are all aware that you only have one thing on your mind, but can you not make it too obvious?
- Make an effort. Send her a little message to let her know you’re thinking of her, scrub yourself clean before meeting up with her, take her to a nice place instead of just the corner mamak stall (unless she absolutely insists on it). Be thoughtful. Train yourself to be attuned to her needs, which can only be achieved by paying enough attention to her. Observe and take note of the things that she likes and doesn’t like, and keep her happy by doing more of the former and less of the latter. Don’t be a selfish prat who only thinks of himself. Guys who try score extra brownie points, and lazy lads who don’t bother with nice little gestures end up being left behind.
- Be charming. And no, I don’t mean it in the sarcastic sense of the word. Impress her with your impeccable manners, not superficial or material stuff (only men with small dicks and/or not much of a self-esteem hide behind ‘stuff’). When it comes to women, keep your difficult nature nicely tucked away. You have no use for it whatsoever. Respect her views, no matter how much they differ from yours. Pay her a compliment when it’s due, apologise when you’ve acted out of line and never, ever, agree with her when she complains that her ass looks big in a given outfit.
- Humour her. Laugh at her jokes, listen and pay attention to what she has to say and show interest in her affairs. No matter how much she bores you, don’t let it show. And never, ever, under any circumstance, ridicule her or make fun of her, especially when it comes to things that she believes in or is passionate about. That’s a sure-fire way of getting her to permanently label you as The Complete Twat. (JustNadia: A sense of humor is definitely a prereq for me, keeps things light, but obviously the guy must still be able to have those deep conversations as well ;p)
- Don’t try too hard to impress her. It only gives out one of these 3 signals: a) you’re desperate b) you’re a stalker c) you’re a smooth operator who makes a habit out of charming their way into women’s pants. You’ll push her away sooner than you can say “I’m a Great Catch!” (JustNadia: yup, the “I’m so great” “I’m the best one on the shelf” attitude is a big turn off)
- Don’t play hot and cold with her. Mind games are so tiring. Either you make it clear how you feel towards her, or you stop leading her on by giving mixed signals on the random occasions that you decide to give her the time of your day. Don’t worry, we’re big girls. We can handle the rejection. What we can’t handle are men who take us for a ride. (JustNadia:Pugly’s spot on. I totally agree with her, mind games are tiring and a plain waste of time. Guys, if you dont act on it, believe me the ship will sail away)
- Be straight and honest with her, yet sensitive and tactful. There’s nothing more off-putting than chronic foot-in-mouth disease. For every bad news, there’s a better way of putting it. There are the right things to say, the right time to say them and things which shouldn’t be said at all. Learn it well and you shall be amply rewarded. It might even save you a bruised arm and/or a bruised ego.
- Watch your social etiquette with her. Don’t burp or fart in her presence, or let any of your less-than-desirable traits rear its ugly head. Never let her wait and don’t keep her guessing. Don’t leave her hanging in the dark. The same goes with your netiquette. When chatting with her online, say your goodbyes when ending the conversation, and never make an abrupt exit in the middle of one (unless you have a valid reason such as being abruptly cut off by your server, of which you must quickly get back to her at the next opportunity to apologise and explain the situation). It’s rude and it’s socially unacceptable. I mean, you wouldn’t like it if a person just walks out on you mid-conversation without a departing note of some kind, would you? So don’t do it to her. Just because she can’t grab you by the collar from behind on the net, doesn’t make it okay for you to do so. It’s all about manners and common courtesy, honey. (JustNadia: I tend to just live with it when it comes to guys who cant seem to keep that burp in,it seems so impossible for some men to keep it in, but farting, yes, please do all of us a favor and work some magic with your body to not let one rip!)
- Don’t try to be/sound clever, because it’s just plain boring. The key is to offer her glimpses of your intelligence, not smother her with the vastness of your knowledge. Nobody wants to hear you quote some dead guy or give a full-length speech on the merits of economic stability in a third-world country. Subtle display of intelligence is sexy, but a Mr-Know-It-All is just plain annoying (not to mention boring … YAAAAWWWWNN!) (JustNadia: yea I would just tune in to BBC, if all I wanted was to get the latest news, dont need a newscaster haha, although on the other extreme I cant tolerate total idiots either)
- Don’t make her work hard for you. Playing hard-to-get is so yesterday. Besides, you’re the man here; you should be working hard for her, not the other way around. If you prove to be too much hard work, the lady will quickly get bored and move on to someone else. We don’t have the same competitive streak as men do and we don’t thrive on challenges as much. Plus, we don’t have the time. We have this thing called The Biological Clock which keeps ticking louder and louder until we find that man to procreate with, so we really can’t afford to waste any time on some difficult prick. (JustNadia: yea playing hard to get is soooo passe!)
- Don’t ignore her. Nothing says ‘you are insignificant’ louder than blocking her off. And never openly criticise or berate her, especially in public. It’s something which a bully would do, not a perfect gentleman. If possible, let her win in arguments, then if you absolutely need to prove that you’ve been right all along, do it at another time in another (private) place. It’s not worth it. Nobody likes a nag, do they? Losing in your petty arguments doesn’t make you a loser, it makes you a winner in more ways than one. At the very least, it will save you from the discomfort of sleeping on a lumpy sofa for the night.
- Be confident and self-assured, not cocky and arrogant. There is a huge difference between the two. One is a turn-on, and the other’s a complete turn-off. It’s well worth learning the difference.
- Do unto others what you would like done unto you. Treat her the way you’d like to be treated. Don’t expect her to be sweet all the time when all you’ve been doing is treating her according to your mood of the moment. It’s not big and it’s not clever. You get what you give, it’s as simple as that.
- If a woman takes a dig at you, take it like a man, not a big baby (that is why you will find that women tend to go for good sense of humour – this is where it comes in handy). Your inability to handle crises well is so not attractive. What are you, a big girl’s blouse?
The above guidelines should not only be used on the women you fancy. It should apply to all the women in your life. Because you know how we women discuss things among us, which includes the men we know. Treating other women right will earn you a good reputation – they will readily put in a good word for you to their hot, single friends out there. Never underestimate the power of the female endorsement. Women are experts when it comes to viral marketing, and there is no method more effective than the word-of-mouth kind that they’re so good at. Likewise if you treat them badly. You will find that you have quickly become an incurable social leper. So help make this world a better place (with less women tearing out their hair in frustration while bitching about men’s unsavoury behaviour) by printing this out and sticking it to your pinboard, or memorising them by heart. Before long, you would be effortlessly pulling the choicest babes that the only problem you would be facing is deciding which one to choose to live happily ever after with.If you want to emerge a winner, you have to play your cards right.
It really works.