Last night we had iftar at Mama Wa’s house, my aunt- mum’s sister [dont know how Mama Wa came about, my aunt’s name is Sarah..Sarah to Mama Wa? ;p]
Anyway almost everyone was there, and there was soo much food! All about FOOD! ;p
Below is my grandmum’s signature kuih lopis – unbeatably delicious! My grandmum would happily watch us gobble them down while saying “Nice ar nenek make the kuih lopis”. Ya Nek, we totally agree with you! 😉
I’m about to do the “categories” thingy for iftar, cos i find it both an interesting and funny observation that at every iftar there’ll always be..[here comes the categories]
- the person that’ll the first to pick up a plate and line it with dishes and kuih, then find a spot and wait for the azan – last night that person was my cousin Iqral haha
- the person that will call out “ok dah Azan!”, eventhough we could all hear it loud and clear on the TV or from the nearby mosque – no one did that last night hehe, but at home it’ll be my brother.
- & someone who would always go “lambatnya Azan” or “I think dah Azan dah” – I believe more than one person falls in this category LOL! [ i do it too sometimes, especially when I’m extra hungry]
- the first person to tapau [pack] the food for sahur – that would be Donnie ;p
- and the two groups – first group; the ones that would take a small bite then pray Mahgrib before continuing iftar and second group; those that would eat first then pray Mahgrib – i fall in the first group, cos I like to take my time savouring the dishes during iftar *wink*
See if you have the same categoy of peeps at home. I’m sure you do- at least one of them.
Below – murtabak..a must have for iftar
We left Mama Wa’s around 10pm, after some tea, bowls of bubur kacang, scoops of Mama Wa’s famous trifle and a bag of Australian chips [ very good chips!]- Shasha brought em. Now we all know what to ask Eski to bring back when he comes home for visits!
There’s one guarantee whenever there’s a dinner party, pot luck or any sort of makan at Mama Wa’s – you can be sure there’ll be goood food!